[meteorite-list] Decimal point vs. comma in numbers

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Dec 6 18:33:46 2004

> Anytime there is a number on the right side of the decimal its a fraction
of
> whatever unit.
> For most people the 0 on the left of the decimal isn't necessary

For me its verry nessesery. This is how I was learned in shool.
.9g and 0.9g looks verry different.
The same as 9.0g and 90g looks diferent or 120g and 12g.
0.9 is a concrete number, but for me not exist in mathematic something like
".9"

Ofcourse now I know that .9 mean 0.9gram. But puting this small "0" take
really that big ammount of time ?
I can understand that this is something like English must drive on left side
of road when everyone driving on right.
:)

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com