[meteorite-list] Mystery object in photo

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Dec 7 21:00:35 2004

Peekskill was only traveling 70 or 80 m/s at impact. I would fully expect it
to be deflected by the structure of the car. The relative positions of the
exit and entry wounds are probably a poor indicator of the impact angle. The
way that the metal of the trunk is folded makes me think that the initial
impact was vertical, but I'm not a traffic safety engineer.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com