[meteorite-list] Australian Meteorite Sale - Part 1

From: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 8 01:00:19 2004

G'day Folks,

I have just got approval and tomorrow I will be receiving a consignment of
Australian meteorites from a long time collector who wishes to sell part of
the collection. These specimens have all been cleared for export via a
"Letter of Clearance" from an Australian institution.

I am posting this today because tomorrow I will be able to cherry pick from
a huge amount of Dalgety Downs and Dirranbandi (Hamilton).

Dalgety Downs was all found as fragments and these specimens represent a
huge 37kg of pieces ranging from a few grams to hundreds of grams. Export
permission was granted for ONLY 1 KILOGRAM of this material because it is
considered there is not enough in Australian institutions! If you are
looking for a large collection piece this may be your one and only chance.

Dirranbandi is a pairing of Hamilton and as such has been given clearance
under the name of "Hamilton". I have 17kg of mostly partslices and complete
slices to choose from and again for the same reason as above, ONLY 1
KILOGRAM of this has been granted for export! A few of these slices are HUGE
as they were taken from 2 large individuals.

If you are interested in any of this material there is about 18 hours before
I pick the material up and because there is only 1kg of each, it will be
"first in, first served"! Let me know what you are looking for whether it be
a couple of grams or a few hundred and I will pick out a few pieces matching
your interests. I can photograph the specimens tomorrow for approval.

Prices:

Dalgety Downs - $/g
0g-50g $3.00
50g-100g $2.75