[meteorite-list] French meteorite book/German books

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 9 17:15:09 2004

> Carion, Alain translated by Bernd Pauli 1996 Meteorite. Published by the
> author, Paris, France. German language 1st edition. Soft cover, 40 pp.

The English translation was done by our own Anne Black !

But Martin is right with regard to Rolf W.Buehler's: Meteorite - Urmaterie
aus dem interplanetaren Raum, 1988. It is the only comprehensive book on
meteorites in German that can compare with O.R. Norton's books.

> Heinlein, Dieter 2003 Gotterboten Feuer vom Himmel. by Volkssternwarte
> Laupheim e. V Softcover, 25 pp.

.. and, of course, Dieter's recent booklet on the Neuschwanstein meteorite:

Die Feuerkugel vom 6. April 2002 und der sensationelle Meteoritenfall Neuschwanstein

Another meteorite booklet for the beginning collector in German is/was Heide's book:

F. Heide, Kleine Meteoritenkunde, 2nd edn., 1957, pp. 142.
F. Heide, Kleine Meteoritenkunde, 3rd edn., 1988, pp. 188.*

* updated by F. Wlotzka

Best wishes,

Bernd