[meteorite-list] Catalogue of Meteorites?

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 10 08:05:20 2004

Hi Jeff and all,

I to would enjoy seeing another addition come out but I have my doubts if there
will be one for a while. Perhaps you should go to the source Monica Grady. The
current one took about three or four years to come out after it was announced.
It was a long awaited printing from the 1985 addition with many new specimens
added.

I would also like to see a number of errors corrected that were correct in the
addition before the current one. Being in the printing business (besides being a
dealer) it's very easy for information to become distorted or for proof readers
to miss typos on the drafts when all of this is being laid out to print.

Bottom line is it takes lots of dedicated hours to undertake such a project and
often there is precious little reward or grants to see that it gets done proper.

--AL Mitterling