[meteorite-list] Meteorite Substitution- What if...

From: Mike Groetz <mpg444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Dec 12 19:56:35 2004

Darren-
   In a sense- you are right.
   But in another aspect- the find location and
historical link is also part indivdual preferences.
   Heck- even Walter Branch and I agreed one time that
the diversity and originality of names of the
locations can add some excitement and wonder to the
piece.
   You have a good point- but also- why pay $10 a gram
for piece when in reality it could have been bought
for a $1 a gram. And be mislead.... There was a comic
to this effect one time in Meteorite magazine.
Mike