[meteorite-list] AD: Nuevo Mercurio Anniversary Offer

From: Herbert Raab <herbert.raab_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 15 15:59:30 2004

Dear fellow collectors,

twenty-six years ago today, around 300 small stones showered the
landscape near the village of Nuevo Mercurio, Zacatecas, Mexico,
after a fireball was observerd in the early evening sky, moving
NE to SW. Almost a classic today, the "approx. recovered weight"
of Nuevo Mercurio is still listed as only 5kg in Grady's "Catalogue
of Meteorites".

On this anniversary, I want to share images of two nice Nuevo
Mercurio individuals from my private collection (both are for sale).
The first is a fresh, fusion crusted 100g stone. Fresh, black fusion
crust covers about 90% of the specimen, but there is a chip that
let's you peek inside to see individual chondrules embedded in the
porous, light gray matrix. Two images of this piece can be found
here:

  http://web.utanet.at/raab/NuevoMercurio100g-1.jpg
  http://web.utanet.at/raab/NuevoMercurio100g-2.jpg

The second stone is a more recent find, showing some weathering.
However, it is an excellent oriented stone, with a rounded "brust-
seite", and a bubbly, slag-like pool of fusion crust on the back.
Images of the 31g stone can be found here:

  http://web.utanet.at/raab/NuevoMercurio31g-1.jpg
  http://web.utanet.at/raab/NuevoMercurio31g-2.jpg

<AD>
On this anniversary, I offer the 100g stone at $ 4,--/g, and
the smaller, oriented 31g stone for $ 8,--/g. Anyone interested,
please contact me off-list. Thanks.
</B>

Hope you like the images... :-)

  Best greetings,