[meteorite-list] Sweaty Fingers, Chlorides, and Chondrites

From: MarkF <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Dec 20 17:22:40 2004

Hi Stephen amd list

At WWU we had a once nice Nantan that was showing signs of rapid corrosion
and we got a acrylic container and filled it with argon for a few seconds
with the top ready to put into place. It had sealing grommets so would be
"air-tight" and we believe its secure enough to keep the argon in.
Nitrogen is another gas that would work I believe but am not sure.
Don't know how the mixing of gases to make new compounds will affect the
Nantan over time, but at least the salty Bellingham, WA air cannot get to it
any longer.

Mark F