[meteorite-list] Another Al Mahbas Meteorite Testimonial of Rainbow Olivine!

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 22 09:29:10 2004

Hello list,

Re: Continuing the Al Mahbas Meteorite thread started by Jeff Kuyken.

http://www.meteoritesaustralia.com/features/almahbas.html

I have added a few photographs of my small Al Mahbas specimen on my website
showing the Al Mahbas (prov. name) meteorite and its "fire olivine".

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colalmahbas.html

The meteorite is very hard to photograph. It looks half man-polished and
half desert vanished, which gives it an appearence, at least in olivine rich
specimen such as mine, as a piece of amber. I was wondering how it would
appear to my fresh Huckitta. Like, Al Mahbas, a weathered pallasite, but it
doesn't at all.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com