[meteorite-list] Non NWA Lunar Update

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 24 14:49:00 2004

Dear List,

A lot of List members have been inquiring about the status of the Non-NWA
lunar that we have made available for the last two years. Finally an
abstract has been submitted, a name was recommended and then requested. I
should have an update as early as this afternoon. The new name that was
requested and not yet approved is NEA 001. From what I understand this name
will more than likely be approved marking an event in the history of the
management of meteorites from Northeast Africa. The coordinates are known
for this Lunaite but will not be disclosed at this time however the country
of origin will be released this afternoon. Its final classification will be
very similar to Calcalong Creek including a slight Mare component.

Thanks to all who have been patient in regards to this new Lunaite and
congratulations to those who own some of it.

Happy Holidays,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock