[meteorite-list] "Greenburg Palisite", Brenham Meteorites, Stockwell and ...

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Dec 26 03:14:13 2004

In a message dated 12/25/2004 5:54:53 PM Mountain Standard Time,
thebigcollector_at_msn.com writes:
The "Greensburg Pallisite" is really a Brenham meteorite. I don't think they
really care we call their meteorite something else. The exact mileage
escapes me. Greensburg is a small farming town and I don't think they care
enough to change the name. The failed Well is more the attraction. I
remember seeing a sign there, the Big Well Museum, where it is sets today,
that claims the meteorite was found 16 miles from the museum, or something
close to that.

Back to the meteorite.....

Thank you very much Mark, Bernd, Dave and everybody for all the answers.
Great Story Mark!
Have a very nice Rest-of-Christmas, and weekend.

Anne M. Black
http://www.impactika.com/
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.