[meteorite-list] NWA 2624 pallasite-like ureilite

From: fcressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 29 13:11:17 2004

Hello Greg and all,

Very cool looking ureilite. Haven't seen a ureilite with large olivine
crystals like these. Are they phenocrysts? How common are these features in
other ureilites? Any ideas how they form?
The large olivine crystals appear to be the chief characteristic of this
ureilite but they don't appear to be mentioned in the description to be
submitted to the Nom Comm. I guess this is an oversite?
At any rate, I certainly looking forward to seeing my piece in person.
Cheers,
Frank