[meteorite-list] Bluewing 001

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 31 11:50:43 2004

> I was just wondering if anyone knows who found Bluewing 001,
> an eucrite that was found in Pershing Co., NV. in 2000, and if
> there would possibly be any for sale or trade? I know the TKW
> is very low though, and my prospects are probably slim and
> none, but it doesn`t hurt to try. Thanks and hope everyone has a
> safe and Happy New Year!!!! Dave

Hello Dave and List,

A 6.1 g stone was found by P. Gessler while he was searching for meteorites
on Bluewing Flat. Classification and analysis (P. Warren, UCLA): subophitic
texture; pyroxene grains are mostly <1 mm and zoned from En67.5Wo4.8 to
En6Wo25 to En3Wo15; plagioclase is zoned from An89 to An75, average
An82; minor and trace phases include silica, ilmenite, phosphate, fayalite,
K-feldspar, metal and troilite; bulk composition is similar to Stannern and
Bouvante. See also Warren and Gessler (2001). Specimens: type specimen,
1.15 g, UCLA; main mass, Gessler.

Best wishes for a
safe, propserous
and Happy 2005,