[meteorite-list] NWA meteorites - money for terrorism?

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:19 2004

I can think of half a dozen things that are more likely to support terrorism
with higher dollar to risk ratios than meteorites: oil, drugs, weapons,
'blood' diamonds, etc. Meteorites that support terrorism are on a scale of
1-10, about a -2; not big, or even medium-weight money. Annually, I'd hazard
a guess that less than a million dollars flows into Africa for buying and
selling meteorites. Any arms dealer can put together a one shot package
that will net 10 times that in one trip. Can you tell us what indicators you
saw that led you to believe that the sale of NWA meteorites is financing
terrorists?

Tracy Latimer