Fw: [meteorite-list] NWA meteorites - money for terrorism?

From: Walter Branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:19 2004

Hello Everyone,

You know, this just makes me sick. For the Pellissons to try to use
terrorism as a marketing ploy is incomprehensible and an insult to
free-thinking, free-willed, and just plain Free People everywhere. This is
not unlike all those seeking blood money by hawking Columbia related things
on ebay only hours after the Shuttle and astronauts were lost. To try to
connect NWA meteorites with financing terrorism for the not-so-veiled
attempt at self-gain is despicable and at least I have the pleasure of
knowing that we in the unofficial meteorite community recognize these people
for what they are.

I have friends on the ground in the infantry and in the air flying Black
Hawks in Afghanistan and Iraq at this moment and and every time I hear of
soldiers dying or a helicopter is shot down I wonder if it is someone I
know. The home of the Third Infantry Division is just down the road from me
(the windows in my house shake when they practice artillery) at Ft. Stewart
and helicopters routinely fly in and out of Hunter Army Airfield and I often
think of these brave men and women who literally risk their most precious
belonging for what little pay they get. Then comes along the Pellissons who
essentially make at mockery of what my friends are fighting for their own
financial gain.

Well, I had better end this now before I write something that may get me
kicked off the list.

-Walter