[meteorite-list] Buying meteorites and other stuff from reputable dealers and the EBAY FEEDBACK SYSTEM.

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:20 2004

Dear List;
I have a friend that notes the eBay feed back system is like the Piano
teacher giving gold stars, that we are adults and don't need that. Seems
it is too timely, or not sincere enough for any use. I personally
prefer a concert with a ten star student performing over one that has
one star.
Some of our list members have feed back in the number of thousands,
some with 100% positive and in the thousands. Some like our golfx fella
with the galaxie meteorite, have less than perfect feed back now days
due to fraud that was checked by list members. Thank you my friends.

Would we like any feed back from the meteorite community explaining that
WE value the ebay feed back system to help move great sellers forward
(we have a number of PowerSellers in the meteorite community), and to
help new buyers be sure of safe and honest authentic meteorites from
safe, authentic honest meteorite dealers. I missed my first opportunity
at PowerSeller as I only had 95 feed back and was owed more that I
didn't get in time.

I have attempted to write a thesis to my friend but I seem to miss the
objectivity on one who achieved a dozen left for the 100 they received.
Anyone want to address this anonymous person? I know this professional
member of the meteorite community doesn't understand the value of
voluntary feed back.

I prefer to deal with feed back oriented bidders, am I wrong?

Sincerely,
 Dave Freeman
(and missing Tucson)