[meteorite-list] RE: Unique Offer - Nevada CO3

From: moni waiblinger-seabridge <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:20 2004

Hi List,

I am one of the finders of this CO3 and I didn't admit to my recovery leader
Bob, that I had no clue what the O stands for.
So I got my handy Rocks from Space book that he gave me when I got first
interested in meteorites and looked it up.
I was surprised that the O stands for the name of a city in France!
I thought it would descibe a mineral.
Then most meteorites have names after the location , so that makes sense.

Good time to use the time to read up on things while the list is so quiet!
page 192, in case you are interested.
CM, with the M standing for .....DO YOU KNOW??
and so on!

More pictures from Tucson, please!? Guess they must still be partying!!
:-))

my regards and Sternengruss, Moni