[meteorite-list] Sikhote Birthday + Favorite Photos

From: Richard Depledge <rdepledge_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:21 2004

--------------060707050806040304070602

Hi Mark,
It happens to be my favourite iron meteorite as well and also has a
coincidental special significance for me as it happens to be my
birthday as well (but not the same year, unfortunately)! BTW, Thanks for
all the great information on your website.
Richard

MARK BOSTICK wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Around 10:30 in the mourning February 12, 1947 (57 years ago) in
> eastern Siberia my favorite of all iron meteorites, fell to earth.
>
> I have 6 original newspapers from the era transcribed on my website.
>
> http://www.meteoritearticles.com/znpsikhote.html
>
> And in the new few days, I will go through my archives more and see
> what ones I do not have the site yet.
>
> I thought I would also share my favorite Sikhote.
>
> http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colsikhote298g.html
>
> It is near not my largest but it was at one time one of my first good
> sized irons and one of the early Sikhotes. Meaning the Sikhotes that
> had the early treatment....I think they look better then the present
> Sikhotes. (For they are all rust ball no doult).
>
> The following four sikhotes are also some of my favorite meteorites.
> Oriented meteorites are cool, and these four I purchased all at one
> time at one of the Denver shows.
>
> http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colsikhotegrouplet.html
>

> Perhaps others would like to share a photo of their favorite Sikhote.
>
> So I ask upon the list, What is your favorite Sikhote? Any cool
> Sikhote stories? Who has the ugliest Sikhote? C'mon, we want to see it.
>

> Mark Bostick
> www.meteoritearticles.com <http://www.meteoritearticles.com>

--------------060707050806040304070602

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi Mark,<br>
It&nbsp; happens to be my favourite iron meteorite as well and also has a coincidental
&nbsp;special significance for me as it happens to be my birthday as well (but
not the same year, unfortunately)! BTW, Thanks for all the great information
on your website.<br>
Richard<br>
MARK BOSTICK wrote:<br>
 cite="midBAY4-DAV119ZVtuKCM00002ede3_at_hotmail.com">

Siberia my favorite of all iron meteorites, fell to earth.&nbsp;&nbsp; </div>

what ones I do not have the site yet.</div>

sized irons and one of the early Sikhotes.&nbsp; Meaning the Sikhotes that had
the early treatment....I think they look better then the present Sikhotes.&nbsp;
(For they are all rust ball no doult).&nbsp; </div>

Oriented meteorites are cool, and these four I purchased all at one time
at one of the Denver shows.&nbsp; </div>

 href="http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colsikhotegrouplet.html">http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colsikhotegrouplet.html</a></div>

stories?&nbsp; Who has the ugliest Sikhote?&nbsp; C'mon, we want to see it.</div>