[meteorite-list] Iranian Fireball Was Of Geophysical Origin

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:22 2004

Well,

these geophysical events has not been studied much. One of a
few pics I have seen of the ball-lightning can be found from;

http://www.netholist.net/rajatiede/pallosalama.php

taken by Roy Jennings in Yorkshire, UK. Text only in finnish,
sorry...;- Also a pic of a hole in a window made by ball-lightning
can be found from the same site.

Something about ball-lightning and St.Elmos;

http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/tesla/ballgtn.html

I think, there are several reasons in science community, this item
is not much popular. They are quite rare, they are very fast and
they usually donīt left their business-card on the ground...;-

Some groups have tried to make similar phenomenas using the
very high-voltage submarine batteries. The results were very
interresting, but nothing like this.

I have seen a ball-lighting to hit the antenna of a house, travel out
trough the open door, then over 70 meters to a sauna and explose
in the owen and blow all the ashes in the air. All this in 2 - 3 seconds.

Think there are two ways to explains this, Iīm nuts or these things
exists. And I didnīt eat mushrooms...;-

take care,

pekka s

--