[meteorite-list] What are those blueberries on Mars?

From: (wrong string) ørn Sørheim <bsoerhei_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:22 2004

Mark,
It certainly is the science team at JPL's idea that
the 'round guys' are embedded in the outcrop.
For instance Dr. Squyres were talking about wheter they could
see the layers curving above or below the balls, or wheter it is
possible to see if the balls have made a small dent in the layering
when they, possibly, fell down from above.
Also the closeup pictures suggest the balls are firmly embedded
in there.
The big question is how did they all get so perfectly round, and
what kind of geologic process would produce such a weird 'bedrock'.

Regards,
Bjørn Sørheim