[meteorite-list] Tessera Meteorite: Question for the experts....

From: LITIG8NSHARK_at_aol.com <LITIG8NSHARK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:23 2004

-------------------------------1076890656

Good evening Folks,

In reading Mark's web page about the Tessera specimen, and what has been
reported in the Met Bull, something occurred to me. Matteo reported to the Met
Bull that 9 fusion crusted specimens of Tessera were found within a few meters
of one another. Now granted, I am not a meteorite hunter, but looking back on
the reports of other finds, never have I heard of 9 separate fusion crusted
individuals being found in the same immediate area, much less within a few
meters of each other. Now, if the meteorite shatters on impact, sure, I'd expect
that you'd find pieces of that mass in the same area. However, there would be
clear signs of the meteorite fracturing into several or more pieces. Perhaps
even a meteorite puzzle to piece back together. I thought back to the Park
Forest fall. With the hundreds of specimens found from that fall, how many
individuals were found within a few meters of one another? I don't know that
answer. (Park Forest hunters......what do you have to say?)

Well, experts, is the distribution of Tessera a bit strange or am I
uninformed when it comes to a meteorite strewn field?

Best Regards,

Paul

-------------------------------1076890656

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff>Good evening Folks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff>In reading&nbsp;Mark's web&nbsp;page about the Te=
ssera specimen, and what has been reported in the Met Bull, something occurr=
ed to me.&nbsp; Matteo reported to the Met Bull that 9 fusion crusted specim=
ens of Tessera were found within a few meters of one another.&nbsp; Now gran=
ted, I am not a meteorite hunter, but looking back on the reports of other f=
inds, never have I heard of 9 separate fusion crusted individuals being foun=
d in the same immediate area, much less within a few meters of each other.&n=
bsp; Now, if the meteorite shatters on impact, sure, I'd expect that you'd f=
ind pieces of that mass in the same area.&nbsp; However, there would be <STR=
ONG>clear signs</STRONG> of the meteorite fracturing into several or more pi=
eces.&nbsp; Perhaps even a meteorite puzzle to piece back together. I though=
t back to the Park Forest fall.&nbsp; With the hundreds of specimens found f=
rom that fall, how many individuals were found within a few meters of one an=
other?&nbsp; I don't know that answer. (Park Forest hunters......what do you=
 have to say?)&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff>Well, experts, is the distribution of Tessera a b=
it strange or am I uninformed when it comes to a meteorite strewn field?</FO=
NT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff>Best Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff>Paul</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>