[meteorite-list] Here come the organettes.

From: Howard Wu <freewu2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:23 2004

--0-1266007832-1077074644=:91441

( Ok, that a pun of one of my favorite Brian Eno album "Here Comes the Warm Jets")

I've gotten so many warped responses to the sick collector one liner I'd thought I'd try a real meteorite question:

I read a feature in our local paper last weekend about the Mono Lake tufa's having carbonates formed by bateria that look similar to martian orangettes. This article is not online, but I googled others recent references to this For example: http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/30jul_monolake.htm

In a slice of Dhofar 019, has anyone on the list ever actually seen one of those imfamous orangettes? I have a triangle shaped micro slice and before I invest in a bigger slice I'd like to know what my chances are of seeing one with these. I hear my best chances are by looking at the "veins crossing-cutting the meteorite." (63rd AMSM 5047.pdf ) Anybody got a piece like that?

Howard Wu

---------------------------------
--0-1266007832-1077074644=:91441

<DIV>
<DIV>( Ok, that a pun&nbsp;of one of my favorite Brian Eno album "Here Comes the Warm Jets")</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've gotten so many warped responses to the sick collector one liner I'd thought I'd&nbsp;try a real meteorite question:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I read a feature&nbsp;in our local paper last weekend about the Mono Lake tufa's having carbonates formed by bateria that look similar to martian orangettes. This article is not online, but I googled others recent references to this For example: <A href="http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/30jul_monolake.htm">http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/30jul_monolake.htm</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In a slice of Dhofar 019, has anyone on the list ever actually seen one of those imfamous orangettes? I have a triangle shaped micro slice and before I invest in a bigger slice I'd like to know what my chances are of seeing one with these. I hear my best chances are by looking at the "veins crossing-cutting the meteorite." (63rd AMSM 5047.pdf )&nbsp;Anybody got a piece like that? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Howard Wu</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
Yahoo! Messenger</b></a> - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends
--0-1266007832-1077074644=:91441--