[meteorite-list] Conservation of Meteorites

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:25 2004

Martin and others,

>From that paper I see the use of Class 10 cleanrooms is becoming the state of the art for bringing in future samples. That is a lot of clean air which should help keep these samples pristine...so as the people involved follow protocol.

As for the future retrieval of Mars samples...it is clear folks have the idea that it is "better to be safe than sorry" by implementing the requirements of Biosafety Class 4. The little green monsters maybe really out there must be the thought until we prove otherwise? From what I understand, BSL 4 labs are usually for the most dangerous of diseases, bilogical agents and chemicals. DO DO DO DO...in the Twilight Zone.

Thanx for info,

John