[meteorite-list] Glassface found the 33rd Mars Rock

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:25 2004

Dear List Members,

It is good to see that List members are tired of seeing all of these ebay
frauds and are becoming actively involved. It looks like this unsavory
glassface idiot might be the straw that broke the camels back, lets hope so.
I cannot imagine a seller being so blatant about ripping people off. Still,
a newcomer does not stand a chance against being hoodwinked out of their
hard-earned cash by a sellers like this. Some buyers naively believe that
everybody selling on ebay must be honest. In most cases sellers are honest
but it only takes one seller like this to do a huge amount of damage.

I think that John's auction to make other collectors aware that these frauds
do take place is a great idea. Even better, the money raised is going to a
good cause. I know the IMCA is limited about what can be done in such
circumstances but at least the group is trying. I am sure the amount of
fraudulent auctions would be greater without the IMCA.

The only reason I posted a link to this fraudulent con artist's auction was
that I was feeling frustrated about the lack of recourse one can take in a
case such as this. Planetary finds do not come easy and to have fake
auctions cheapening the real thing is more than I could stomach.

Wishing everybody the best,

Adam