[meteorite-list] It is ridiculous now.

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:26 2004

At one point, there used to be someone on ebay whose handle was
"fraudbuster". He would do the same thing as "ibuyfakes", but usually only
for meteorites. I think he failed to pay or bid-retracted on one too many
auctions, and the handle fell into disuse or was NARU'd. Inititally, I like
the thought of having an IMCA ebay account to buy up fakes, but you get
someone like golfyx with dozens of pseudo-meteorite auctions, or glassface
with one or two with outrageous starting bids, and the fund would be tapped
fairly quickly. Then you get into the whole hassle of trying to get your
money back from a fake (obviously, you don't want to let the fakers keep
their ill-gotten gains). Why SUPPORT frauds, in any way?

Tracy Latimer