[meteorite-list] New Topic, all terain transportation?

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:26 2004

Dear List;
Hunting meteorites with an ATV. A new topic. How refreshing is that?

I expect to be using one this year. I hope to use it to get me further
afield than I would go on foot. I understand that seeing golf ball
sized treasures at 20 mph is impossible so expect to use it as a sort of
portable base camp to conduct searches for the erosion areas I am
targeting. Since walking further in to areas more than a mile is not on
my ambition list, the ATV will be a treat to access. I am sensitive to
access issues on public lands here, and on private land access issues as
well.
Any comments on hunting with an ATV, and do we have favorite
accessories. Mine will have a plug in for cell phone, and GPS unit, and
haven't decided if the lap top belongs with me or leave it home!
With payloads of 300 pounds, I should be able to haul out all the
meteorites I find......well, I can always make a second or third trip.
Best,
Dave Freeman
Polaris 700 sportsman