[meteorite-list] Ad - La Criolla slices and lovely CV3 material

From: star-bits_at_comcast.net <star-bits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:27 2004

I have just posted to my website an number of nice slices of LaCriolla. I cut up an endcut with beautiful black fresh crust and all the slices have crust on the edge.

Also posted are pieces of another fall Djoumine which fell in October 1999 in Tunisia. Only about 10 kg of this material have been recovered.

Lastly a CV3 that looks like Axtell. It is beautiful material with CAIs up to 1.2 centimeters across. It also has black and CM2 type clasts. Most interesting are a couple CAIs that have chondritic inclusions into a crescent shaped (in the cut face) CAI. Both of these unusual pieces have been donated to U of Chicago for research. It is interesting scientifically as well as being flat out gorgeous looking.

Spend until it hurts ;-)

--
Eric Olson
ELKK Meteorites