[meteorite-list] NWA 1836 Eucrite "Twisted Sister" Info Wanted

From: fcressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:28 2004

Hello all,

I'm a bit confused about how much of this meteorite there is, so I thought
I'd take the question to the List. From the Hupe's descriptions on several
pieces currently on ebay, the TKW appears to be 1059.7 grams from three
stones (220.6 grams, 505.1 grams, and 334 grams). Rob Wessel, also selling a
piece on ebay, lists the 505.1 stone. David Weir lists the TKW as 505.1
grams. At Michael Blood's Tucson auction, the "main mass" was offered, a
596.77 gram end piece.. The TKW for NWA 1836 was listed as 1101.87 grams.
This piece didn't sell at Tucson but was recently listed on ebay by "Puhzaz"
where the end piece was said to be from a single stone.

So now we have at least four stones totaling about 2160 grams. I'm just
wondering how many sisters are we dealing with and how many other relatives
are going to show up? It's a very interesting meteorite, but I'd rather not
buy and find the price drop in half tomorrow. I went through that with NWA
801 and others ;-)
Any comments from those in the know would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Frank