[meteorite-list] CV3 mania!

From: star-bits_at_comcast.net <star-bits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:28 2004

<Speaking of CV3's, there seems to be a new CV3 offering every other day this week.....Will somebody who know what going on behind the scene sort this one out for us poor buyers.>

Hello Howard and list.

   Talking to the guy who is classifying a lot of things right now there were 3 new CV3s in Tucson this year. One was a nice gray with blueish hibbonite (sp?) crystals in it. Terry Boswell had some in his room. I am not sure of the differences in the other two. I sent some of my material off to be classified, if it was different, or to find out it was the same as something already being classiffied. Either way is fine I just want to know what to call it. I would not be surprised if the pieces Adam Hupe just put on eBay are the same material. That thin 10.3 gram piece with the chondrule sticking out both sides is so cool. No matter what the NWA number(s) finally wind up on it, it is great looking material.

   Also some of those large chondrules are really large spherical CAIs.

--
Eric Olson
ELKK Meteorites