[Fwd: Re: [meteorite-list] RE: Survival after a large impact event (Delete if you don`t wish to know)]

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:28 2004

Dear List, Mark, Dirk;
I trend to agree more with Mark ...somewhat. Yes the majority of us
are stupid people but indeed some are smarter type zealots. There are
the "remember when's" too. Anyone over 65 that lives in a rural part
of America still lives in fear of another great depression and has
canned goods enough to eek out a year or even a couple.
Anyone living the true Mormon lifestyle as good Mormons has a five year
supply of food tucked away. Believe me, being near to the chosen place,
there are plenty around that do. I tend to believe that technology
 might save some...first 7 days would be exciting, the next 7 would be
the stark reality, after that, the strong willed, the strongly armed,
those with strong convictions would eek along for a while.
The U.S. military has enough stuff tucked back to support select groups
for quite a while. Submarines can go for 6 months+ with out any help
from anyone. If they made it through the initial impact, they would be
around for 6 months. Long as there was oxygen around to breathe, some
one (s) would be here to reproduce and off we go again....
Bright sunny days,
Dave F.
ebay user ID mjwy