[meteorite-list] It is ridiculous now.

From: Roman Nakonechny <uraninut239__at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:29 2004

Anyone buying meteorites should do their homework before purchasing a
meteorite as far as I'm concerned. I spent a whole year studying -up on
meteorites. With Bob Haag's and Ron Farrell's advice and great knowledge and
the many phone call's that they graciously put up with , I bought the right
pieces for the right prices- no hacksaw'ed pallasites with uneven cuts and
lousy polishes and rust stained , no 95% fusion crust that's only 20%, no
Canyon Diablo's that were some cheap-ass Chinese fall- you get the picture.
If people want to deal with these Dealer Wannabes on E-bay who are less
than reputable, and not with established World Class Reputable Dealers then
it's on them.I personally buy from catalogs and know who I'm talking to and
it's the same two mentioned above. Stay away from E-bay (rhyme) Do your
homework or possibly get "Srewed" and receive a (mica schist ) Allende with
CAI'S and Wowy Gee Willickers, a one of a kind slag meteorite from an
unknown mining civilization in our own Solar System, no less. There's really
no excuse except laziness and the rush to recklessly buy these unclassified
, unanalyzed, just totally unethical sellers of pseudo-meteorites and
thousands of other items through "Thievery " web sites. I don't care if the
  Dealer Wannabe's think they're selling
real meteorites, it's the persons job - the one buying the meteorite - to
make sure one way or another that it is a meteorite- the real deal
                       Have A Good Night.
            ( I M C A # 0583) Roman N. -Informed Collector