[meteorite-list] It is ridiculous now.

From: Jamie <Jamie_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:29 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C3FE04.A5C548C0

My first meteorite was a Canyon Diablo, that I bought from Farrell. As =
I remember, it was pretty expensive. He's got some great looking =
catalogs, but his prices our out of the range of most people in my =
opinion.

I remember getting an issue of Astronomy that had an article on =
collecting meteorites and after the article, there was a listing of =
meteorite collectors. I couldn't believe there were so many people that =
were selling meteorites besides the one.

My second set of meteorites came from Al Mitterling and I still have =
them. I've also bought from a number of other dealers. Mike Farmer, =
Rob Elliot, Sergey Vasiliev, Bob Haag and Mike Casper to name a few. =
Everyone of the dealers I have bought from have sent me great specimens =
and the prices were great. Also, these dealers are all very honest and =
have taken the time to choose the right specimens for me. If I only had =
a few hundred to spend (or less), it didn't matter. There are varying =
degrees of quality for meteorites, I agree, but the above dealers that I =
mentioned and more that I haven't have museum quality specimens for sale =
or can obtain them if that is what you want.

Some people may have differing opinions of Mr.. Casper but he was always =
very helpful to me....so we won't get in to that :-)

Jamie
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C3FE04.A5C548C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My first meteorite was a Canyon Diablo, =
that I=20
bought from Farrell.&nbsp; As I remember, it was pretty expensive.&nbsp; =
He's=20
got some great looking catalogs, but his prices our out of the range of =
most=20
people in my opinion.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I remember getting an issue of =
Astronomy that had=20
an article on collecting meteorites and after the article, there was a =
listing=20
of meteorite collectors.&nbsp; I couldn't believe there were so many =
people that=20
were selling meteorites besides the one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My second set of meteorites came from =
Al Mitterling=20
and I still have them.&nbsp; I've&nbsp; also bought from a number of =
other=20
dealers.&nbsp; Mike Farmer, Rob Elliot, Sergey Vasiliev, Bob =
Haag&nbsp;and Mike=20
Casper to name a few.&nbsp; Everyone of the dealers I have bought from =
have sent=20
me great specimens and the prices were great.&nbsp; Also, these dealers =
are all=20
very honest and have taken the time to choose the right specimens for =
me.&nbsp;=20
If I only had a few hundred to spend (or less), it didn't matter.&nbsp; =
There=20
are varying degrees of quality for meteorites, I agree, but the above=20
dealers&nbsp;that I mentioned and more that I haven't have museum =
quality=20
specimens for sale or can obtain them if that is what you =
want.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Some people may have differing opinions =
of Mr..=20
Casper but he was always very helpful to me....so we won't get in to =
that=20
:-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jamie</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C3FE04.A5C548C0--