[meteorite-list] Park Forest Strewnfield report

From: Comcast Mail <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:35 2004

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3FEF8.3BD27A60

I just got back from hunting Park Forest and Olympia fields. Two days of =
hunting mostly forested areas and no new finds.=20
The forests are 95% covered with leaves. It is easier to work through =
the forests though, considering the lack of growth compared to spring =
and summer.
I used a metal detector through most of the forests. If anyone plans on =
hunting the forests with a metal detector, plan on it going off every =
few yards as there is alot of trash buried below the soil.=20
And alot of times when the detector detected metal I couldn't dig deep =
enough because alot of the ground is frozen still. Which is really =
pointless anyways considering the meteorites shouldnt be buried in soil.
Unfortunately a metal detector is necessary , unless you plan on =
checking under every leaf. Its the same if you are trying to Identify =
impact pits. The Forest is wall to wall leaves.
I visited with a couple of locals that I know who still hunt, and they =
havent found any new pieces since last summer.
Oh well, if anyone has plans to hunt the forests, any new finds will be =
sheer luck.

Bob Evans

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3FEF8.3BD27A60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just got back from hunting Park =
Forest and=20
Olympia fields. Two days of hunting mostly forested areas and no new =
finds.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The forests are 95% covered with =
leaves. It is=20
easier to work through the forests though, considering the lack of =
growth=20
compared to spring and summer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I used a metal detector through most of =
the=20
forests. If anyone plans on hunting the forests with a metal detector, =
plan on=20
it going off every few yards as there is alot of trash buried below the =
soil.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And alot of times when the detector =
detected metal=20
I couldn't dig deep enough because alot of the ground is frozen still. =
Which is=20
really pointless anyways considering the meteorites shouldnt be buried =
in=20
soil.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Unfortunately a metal detector is =
necessary ,=20
unless you plan on checking under every leaf. Its the same if you are =
trying to=20
Identify impact pits. The Forest is wall to wall leaves.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I visited with a couple of locals that =
I know who=20
still hunt, and they havent found any new pieces since last =
summer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Oh well, if anyone has plans to hunt =
the forests,=20
any new finds will be sheer luck.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob Evans</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3FEF8.3BD27A60--