[meteorite-list] NWA meteorites - money for terrorism?

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:19 2004

Pelissons,
Although many have reacted negatively to your report,
I feel just the opposite. You should expand
your definition of NWA meteorites to include all
meteorites found in North West Africa instead of
"undocumented stones "bought" in Morocco".
You never know when those sneaky
kidnapper/smuggler/nomads are going to start
documenting finds just to increase their terrorist's profits.

Thank you for bringing this to the meteorite
community's attention. Are you going to set the
proper example and to quit your business so there
can be no hint of any terrorist support on your part?
This is what you have suggested, is it not?
I know this is difficult but you don't want to appear hypocritical,
do you?

If I can help, I will gladly dispose of any or all your desert
inventory.
Be assured that I will NOT sell to any terrorist.

Keep up the good work, and be careful of the desert sun.
ken newton

P.S. I may even start confiscating suspect stones in Tucson.
         Thanks for the idea....