[meteorite-list] New to List: Intro

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:57 2004

--part1_12b.38b82f08.2d29c8cd_boundary

Hi Anita,

I have also recently started on this list, so I'm a bit early for opinions on
the list's fireworks. It would seems that best thing is never to take the
list too seriously and all the posts have something in them whether humor, irony
or education. You have 16 times as many meteorites as I have so far, by the
way. This is the right place for collectors, and I completely agree with you
as the more fun part is to have the meteorite touch you in some way, whether
slaughtering cows is interesting to you or figuring out how it got here in the
first place, where it is from, or what it is made of. Space jewels from
Esquel, prior meteorites on the meteorite like NWA 1942, and don't forget tektites,
or a nice snowfalke-patterned etched Gibeon. And collections may be
forgotten when we pass on, since we can't bring them with us, but the knowledge we
learn from their study never stops growing! Welcome!
Saludos
Doug Dawn
Mexico

En un mensaje con fecha 01/04/2004 7:00:34 AM Mexico Standard Time,
libawc_at_emory.edu escribe:

> I only have 32 meteorites in my collection right now, but I certainly
> hope to add more as time goes by. I don't have to have the best piece,
> or the biggest. The fact that I own it at all is plenty good enough for
> me!

--part1_12b.38b82f08.2d29c8cd_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hi Anita,<BR>
<BR>
I have also recently started on this list, so I'm a bit early for opinions o=
n the list's fireworks.&nbsp; It would seems that best thing is never to tak=
e the list too seriously and all the posts have something in them whether hu=
mor, irony or education.&nbsp; You have 16 times as many meteorites as I hav=
e so far, by the way.&nbsp; This is the right place for collectors, and I co=
mpletely agree with you as the more fun part is to have the meteorite touch=20=
you in some way, whether slaughtering cows is interesting to you or figuring=
 out how it got here in the first place, where it is from, or what it is mad=
e of.&nbsp; Space jewels from Esquel, prior meteorites on the meteorite like=
 NWA 1942, and don't forget tektites, or a nice snowfalke-patterned etched G=
ibeon.&nbsp; And collections may be forgotten when we pass on, since we can'=
t bring them with us, but the knowledge we learn from their study never stop=
s growing! Welcome!<BR>
Saludos<BR>
Doug Dawn<BR>
Mexico<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
En un mensaje con fecha 01/04/2004 7:00:34 AM Mexico Standard Time, libawc_at_e=
mory.edu escribe:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I only have 32 meteorites in my=
 collection right now, but I certainly<BR>
hope to add more as time goes by. I don't have to have the best piece,<BR>
or the biggest. The fact that I own it at all is plenty good enough for<BR>
me!<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_12b.38b82f08.2d29c8cd_boundary--