[meteorite-list] meteorite slices

From: meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:58 2004

Dear friends,
I agree with Guy and can assure that our slices have at least one side
polished. We keep sometimes one side rough from sawing when it helps to see
some details of the structure to appear compared with a polished surface
that makes it darker, and when it does not affect structure details we
polish both sides. But anyway, I agree that this information should always
be indicated when proposing a slice for sale, a good picture of the item
being also necessary for a buyer to know what he pays for.
And in addition to that, polishing causes a loss of material, and even if
some few collectors can polish themselves a slice that they have purchased,
they should not pay for material that will go off later!
All the best.

Frederic Beroud
www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA #2491