[meteorite-list] RI Christmas Lectures

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:58 2004

This years UK Royal Institution Christmas Lectures where given by Dr
Monica Grady of the NHM, and all 5 were broadcast live on Channel 4 (in
the UK).

Anybody else see this?

See http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/R/rilectures2003/

The subject was a Journey through space, I thought they where quite a
good set of lectures, although I thought the meteorite content was a
little disappointing, I would have liked more on meteorics given her
status
She had a very large slice of I think Springfield and a couple of other
very large chunks. There was a good demonstration of how craters form.

As I say over all, I enjoyed them, especially the lecture on Mars, but I
thought the pitch was geared too far towards young children rather than
the usual young adult level, and this made it appear a little too
'Dumbed down' as everything is these days! (Not a criticism just an
observation).

Anyone else in the UK see this?

Happy new year all !

Mark Ford

---
The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive =
and/or
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it =
is
addressed. If you are not a named recipient, you are on notice of its =
status.
Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete =
this
message from your system. You must not disclose it to any other person,
copy or distribute it or use it for any purpose.