[meteorite-list] RI Christmas Lectures

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:58 2004

Hi Rob,

Yes she (Monica) was very good. I liked the clever use of chocolate
cakes as impact victims! She is clearly very good with kids.

Maybe I am just getting old but I am sure I remember when the Christmas
lectures where pitched at a slightly higher age group? And somehow that
made them more exciting, pure real science (not 'edutainment'). But
maybe I am just a tradishonalist. In any case meteorites where mentioned
on prime time television, that has to be a result!

I am giving a meteorite lecture myself in February, and it has given me
a few pointers, so worth watching!

Mark