[meteorite-list] marines....OT

From: GeoZay_at_aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:59 2004

-------------------------------1073496351

Paul>>Based on my own experiences, I can say without equivocation, or mental
reservation, that the reasons men and women join the United States Armed
Services are as varied as those individuals themselves....<<
I agree with your entire posting. I was gonna try responding in a similar
manner, but I think yours was much better than what I would have came up
with....and probably much less inflamatory. :o) I've always said that I don't regret
my military time, but sure wouldn't want to do it again. When I enlisted(many
years ago), I was mostly compelled by doing what I thought was a right thing to
do, by doing my share. All the other economic reasons were secondary. If
there was a socio/econo perk offered to me on account of my service, I took
advantage of it.
George Zay

-------------------------------1073496351

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid">
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff>Paul&gt;&gt;Based on my own experien=
ces, I can say without equivocation, or mental reservation,&nbsp;that the re=
asons men and women join the United States Armed Services are as varied as t=
hose individuals themselves....&lt;&lt;</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>I agree with your entire posting. I was gonna try responding in a simil=
ar manner, but I think yours was much better than what I would have came up=20=
with....and probably much less inflamatory. :o) I've always said that I don'=
t regret my military time, but sure wouldn't want to do it again. When I enl=
isted(many years ago), I was mostly compelled by doing what I thought was a=20=
right thing to do, by doing my share. All the other economic reasons were se=
condary. If there was a socio/econo&nbsp;perk offered to me on account of my=
 service, I took advantage of it. </DIV>
<DIV>George Zay&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>