[meteorite-list] Weathering Grades

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:59 2004

--part1_1e9.16c319b1.2d2dc010_boundary

Saludos Rafael,

This is an excellent web site you can study but not copy, by David Wier which
may be helpful to you in this question and many related.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9278/protected_append3.htm

Doug Dawn
Mexico

En un mensaje con fecha 01/07/2004 1:42:13 PM Mexico Standard Time,
spacecollection2001_at_hotmail.com escribe:

> Hi list!!!! I was checking my collection and all the new african meteorites
> in the market, I ve seen that a scale to measure the grade of weathering
> meteorites I have, well I have the basi knowledge of that, Ie seen meteorite
>
> from W1 to W4, I know that 3 and four is very wheahtered, but at what point
> of weathering grade does the meteorite in completely rusted or
> terrestrialized???, also at what point are the meteorites characteristics
> destroyed?, because I want to get new types of meteorites that I dont have,
> but I would like somewhat fresh specimens, not an H3 that is weathered and
> destroyed by weathering.
>
> I heard that Weathering Grade is explained in the New book of Cambridge
> Encyclopedia of meteorites, but I dont have it :(, and no one in my city
> that I know have it. Thanks list...
>
> 2001 Space Collection
> Rafael B. Torres

--part1_1e9.16c319b1.2d2dc010_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Saludos Rafael,<BR>
<BR>
This is an excellent web site you can study but not copy, by David Wier whic=
h may be helpful to you in this question and many related.<BR>
<BR>
<A HREF=3D"www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9278/protected_append3.htm">http:=
//www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9278/protected_append3.htm</A><BR>
<BR>
Doug Dawn<BR>
Mexico<BR>
<BR>
En un mensaje con fecha 01/07/2004 1:42:13 PM Mexico Standard Time, spacecol=
lection2001_at_hotmail.com escribe: <BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
Hi list!!!! I was checking my collection and all the new african meteorites=20=
<BR>
in the market, I ve seen that a scale to measure the grade of weathering <BR=

meteorites I have, well I have the basi knowledge of that, Ie seen meteorite=
 <BR>
from W1 to W4, I know that 3 and four is very wheahtered, but at what point=20=
<BR>
of weathering grade does the meteorite in completely rusted or <BR>
terrestrialized???, also at what point are the meteorites characteristics <B=

destroyed?, because I want to get new types of meteorites that I dont have,=20=
<BR>
but I would like somewhat fresh specimens, not an H3 that is weathered and <=

destroyed by weathering.<BR>
<BR>
I heard that Weathering Grade is explained in the New book of Cambridge <BR>
Encyclopedia of meteorites, but I dont have it :(, and no one in my city <BR=

that I know have it. Thanks list...<BR>
<BR>
2001 Space Collection<BR>
Rafael B. Torres<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_1e9.16c319b1.2d2dc010_boundary--