[meteorite-list] FWD: Spanish daylight meteor - Fireball info

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:00 2004

----------------- Forward Message -----------------

meteorobs-digest Wednesday, January 7 2004
Volume 04 : Number 1309

Re: Different Spanish fireball Saturday
Re: Spanish daylight meteor
Fireball Report 8.45pm Jan 1st 2004, san diego, CA

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:58:19 +0100
From: "Marco Langbroek" <marco.langbroek_at_wanadoo.nl>
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Different Spanish fireball
Saturday

> Oscar A. Rodriguez / PMEE-SPACE posted the following

>link to the SeeSat-L mailing list. It has Saturday's

>date and looks entirely different, and the narration
>(in Spanish) says that it lasted two minutes, I
>believe. This one to me looks like it might possibly

>be a sunset-illuminated aircraft contrail, but a
>somewhat unusual one.

I fully agree with Ed, having seen the video clip.
This was an aircraft contrail, filmed the day before
the true fireball of Jan 4.

- - Marco