[meteorite-list] AD - A VERY RARE offer

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:02 2004

In a auction of few days ago a slice of this material
is go sold for $270/gr. when my slice of 1 gr. I have
pay $700/gr. nice joke....after many persons say ebay
not created the market in meteorite prices...

Matteo

--- Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello all -
>
> I hope the new year finds you well.
>
> I have available for sale a large fragment of the
> very rare NWA 1877 Olivine
> Diogenite.
>
> It is one of the largest samples of it in the world
> weighing 59.6 grams.
>
> As many of you know, this material has consistently
> traded for $750 per gram
> and retails for $500 per gram.
>
> I am opposed to cutting it for two reasons:
> The posterity of the piece
> The cut loss
>
> I would much rather save the piece and forward the
> cutting loss in savings
> to you.
>
> So, before I set of to destroy it, I would like to
> see what your interest
> is. Send me an offer, all reasonable offers will be
> seriously considered. I
> am looking to get cash in order to get me out from
> under the initial
> purchase but EXCEPTIONAL trade offers are welcomed
> as well. Furthermore, I
> am willing to discuss a significant finders fee for
> anyone able to find a
> buyer.
>
> Some facts about the piece:
>
> The Olivine Diogenite, NWA 1877, fragment I have
> for you to consider is the
> largest single piece currently available for sale in
> the world.
>
> It weighs 59.6 grams and is a bit larger than a golf
> ball and round in
> nature.
>
> It is the rarest class privately available in the
> world, one is Antarctic,
> GRA 98108, the other two NWA.
>
> The other, NWA 1459, was 49 grams and sold out for
> thousands of dollars per
> gram. This NWA has a TKW well under a kilo after a
> full year of searching
> the area.
>
> It is ~50% Olivine with huge crystals poking out
> everywhere, golden orange
> in color, the whole meteorite.
>
> It is the deepest sample to date from Vesta.
>
> It is very friable and I would be happy to stabilize
> it upon request and
> agreement to purchase. So much Olivine cleavage it
> is trying to break itself
> apart.
>
> This is rarest meteorite class, the deepest Vesta
> sample and no HED
> collection is complete without it.
>
> High resolution photo available to any interested
> buyer.
>
> Rob Wesel
> We are the music makers...
> and we are the dreamers of the dreams.
> Willy Wonka, 1971

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com