[meteorite-list] Question about ...

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:05 2004

Hi,
It is just a suspicious rock until Mr. Rodriqez has it properly
verified and classified by a classifying institution.
Your question should be directed to him.
He should take the same steps everyone else does.

An inexperienced Florida analyst issued a meteorite certificate.
He had never seen a meteorite except in pictures.
Amazingly, he claimed a piece of 'power station chimney build-up'
(removed by cleaning) was 'a meteorite' due to
iron and nickel content.

If it is genuine, let the experts describe it.
I'm suspicious of anyone who wants recognition without
going through the proper steps.
Best,
ken