[meteorite-list] more on Allende

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:06 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01C3E104.146A85B0

Hello Art and list

Art wondered: =20

"Speaking of Allende, does anyone know how recently people have found
specimens of this meteorite in the strewn field? Can any of this
classification of stone have lasted in the weather?"

It is my understanding they are still hunting and finding stones. While =
at the Denver show last year several Hispanics came into Blaine Reed's ro=
om with a bag full of Allende....3 kilos if I remember right. All were r=
ecent finds and all were weathered. The price they were wanting was more=
 then any of us were willing to pay and they left with the stones.

A couple list members have been thinking about making a hunting trip, if =
you are interested I will let you know the names.

See you in Tucson.

Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01C3E104.146A85B0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Hello Art and =
list</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Art wondered: </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> =
<DIV>"Speaking of Allende, does anyone know how recently people have foun=
d<BR>specimens of this meteorite in the strewn field? Can any of this<BR>=
classification of stone have lasted in the weather?"</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</D=
IV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>It is my understanding they are still hunting =
and finding stones.&nbsp; While at the Denver show last year several Hisp=
anics came into Blaine Reed's room with a bag full of Allende....3 kilos =
if I remember right.&nbsp; All were recent finds and all were weathered.&=
nbsp; The price they were wanting was more then any&nbsp;of us were willi=
ng to pay and they left with the stones.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>A c=
ouple list members have been thinking about making a hunting trip, if you=
 are interested I will let you know the names.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <D=
IV>See you in Tucson.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Mark Bostick</DIV> <DI=
V><A href=3D"http://www.meteoritearticles.com">www.meteoritearticles.com<=
/A><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01C3E104.146A85B0--