[meteorite-list] Images of Some New Stones

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:08 2004

Dear List Members,

We have received a couple of emails in regards to what new material we are
about to release. We have been introducing a new rare meteorite almost
every week now for about a year so we do not why this question is being
asked. One dealer asked what we were planning to unleash this year in
Tucson. We will be happy to talk about anything we are working on if we
have data beyond the preliminary stage. Until then every thing is
speculation which causes hopes to go too high in some cases. We have been
disappointed more than once in regards to classifications. On the other
hand, we have had a few pleasant surprises.

We can tell you that we are working on several ungrouped items,
one-of-a-kinds and some suspected planetary pieces. The problem with these
kinds of meteorites is they take a long time to sort out. We have two
meteorites that have been in study for almost three years that do not fit
cleanly into any group. It is like getting a tooth pulled trying to get
data that makes sense on several others.

A few images that we find interesting:

A completely new CV3 with giant chondrules.
Image of 3D chondrule:
http://www.lunarrock.com/newcv/cvchondrule.jpg
Image of enormous chondrule:
http://www.lunarrock.com/newcv/cvindividual.jpg

Image of US found material with anorthosite dike flows, very cool!:
http://www.lunarrock.com/newcv/anorthmelt.jpg

Testing has not been completed on these but we will be offering the wild CV3
and several new very rare items in the Reed brothers room in Tucson. We
hope you enjoyed the images and look forward to making some announcements
soon.

All the best,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection