[meteorite-list] Annother succesful landing, who said NASA was ineficient?

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:09 2004

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C3E2D2.89B69640

Hi everyone, I attended a special party at the LPL at the University of =
Arizona tonight. We were linked up live with JPL and watched the entire =
landing sequence live. It was great. I am still in awe that people can =
send a machine 100 million miles away, send it at 12,000 miles per hour =
burning like a meteor, and land it safely.=20
It is on one side, so the rover is not upright like Spirit was, so it =
will take a little longer to get the petals open, but not a problem.
    People could learn alot from NASA, and I hate to listen to whiners =
until they can show proof that it can be done better than NASA has done. =

WAY TO GO JPL, NASA, and all who are working on these landers.=20
Another great day for the USA space program.=20
Mike Farmer
OH yeah, Dr David Kring showed NWA 998 to all the people, nice to look =
at a piece of Mars while a machine was burning through it's atmosphere. =
Gave me chills.
------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C3E2D2.89B69640

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi everyone, I attended a special party =
at the LPL=20
at the University&nbsp;of Arizona tonight. We were linked up live with =
JPL and=20
watched the entire landing sequence live. It was great. I am still in =
awe that=20
people can send a machine 100 million miles away, send it at 12,000 =
miles per=20
hour burning like a meteor, and land it safely. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It is on one side, so the rover is not =
upright like=20
Spirit was, so it will take a little longer to get the petals open, but =
not a=20
problem.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; People could learn =
alot from=20
NASA, and I hate to listen to whiners until they can show proof that it =
can be=20
done better than NASA has done. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>WAY TO GO JPL, NASA, and all who are =
working on=20
these landers. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Another great day for the USA space =
program.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Farmer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>OH yeah, Dr David Kring showed NWA 998 =
to all the=20
people, nice to look at a piece of Mars while a machine was burning =
through it's=20
atmosphere. Gave me chills. </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C3E2D2.89B69640--