[meteorite-list] RE: Unique Offer - Nevada CO3

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:11 2004

Hello List,

I was very curious how my "silent auction" would be
received. I suspected that there might be a sizeable
number of people who are not fond of the openly public
aspects of eBay auction bidding. Even more likely,
that some prospective bidders were being discouraged
from bidding on the overly publicized Nevada meteorite
auctions. Some of those suspicions seemed to have
been confirmed. I have received offers from people
who I have never seen bid on eBay.

There are still 2 hours to enter an offer, but I am
already glad that I tried out this "best offer"
format. Because, by having this "silent auction" I've
got to meet some List members for the first time,
people who have a similar interest in Nevada
meteorites, people who are interested in
meteorite-recovery, and people who have NEVER before
bid on any of my eBay auctions.

I have been encouraged by all of this, and plan to
make more of these "offers" in the future.

Bob V.