[meteorite-list] audio transmissions

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 3 17:17:43 2004

AFIK it has never been done before but the hyugens probe on cassini is
equiped with a mic and will transmit sounds back home

most other spacecraft havent been sent to anyplace with an atmosphere to
speak of, so sound transmissions would be pointless as (conventionally
speaking) sound doesnt exist without air to transmit it