[meteorite-list] Beware drone posts listed as coming from MLBLOOD?

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 8 20:32:37 2004

Hi Ryan & All,
        Steve Drummond and several other kind list members contacted
me yesterday saying my posts had a virus attached.
        I ran Norton Virus scan and found my computer to be virus free.
        I emailed all of them directly and they confirmed my posts were
free of virus.
        Here is what is apparently happening:
1) A virus is about that can grab email and then send posts listing
various email addresses it has stolen as the sender. This is, apparently,
called a "drone virus." The virus is not actually coming from the listed
sender.
2) In my case, apparently, one can easily distinguish my posts from
drone posts as MY ACTUAL POSTS are listed as coming from "Michale L. Blood"
while the DRONE, INFECTED POSTS are being sent with the name, "MLBlood."
        Sorry for those who were damaged by this, but it was not even
a "piggyback virus" but one that just steals names and generates posts
off of them. Apparently, it did that off a post I sent to the list, so, it
used my email address (and for a "from" name, whatever preceded _at_
in my email address.
        Don't open anything from "MLBlood" as it is a drone post.
        Best wishes, & thanks to those who helped solve the mystery, Michael