[meteorite-list] Beware drone posts listed as coming from MLBLOOD?

From: Ryan Darby <rdarby_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 8 20:53:54 2004

I'm got the IT guru I used to be, playing at project manager now, but
I'll try :

Well saying get weekly updates of a virus checker is too obvious.

The only one I have is : turn the auto-preview off if you use Outlook.
There are, believe it or not, viruses out there that can infect you when
you open the mail, without you needing to open the attachment. It has
been a few years since they came out and are probably old hat to the
checkers, but just in case.

Think about getting something like Scotty the Windows Watchdog, which is
just a free monitor to see if things load themselves onto your computer.
Many are not really viruses that will cause harm but still are
considered malicious. They come from many websites, even the more
respectable looking ones.

If a popup appears while browsing the web, don't push any buttons on it.
Close it by pressing the cross on the top right to kill the window. It
is easy to make the No button mean yes on the popups.

Make sure your virus checker is actually set to scan all email as you
download it, it might not be. You want it to intercept the messages
before they hit your machine, and not just scan once a week after the
fact.